Author Topic: We're looking for Staff - Applications here!  (Read 512 times)

BeMyEscape

• Administrator
  • Just Gemma x
    • View Profile
We're looking for staff for The Spawn Minecraft Server. Application form is at the bottom of this post, please read everything in this post before applying.

Your role as an Admin is

- You're a player before an admin
- Play an active role in a friendly growing admin team and Minecraft Server
- Be a point of call for help for players in game
- Ensure players are respectful of others (whilst doing so yourself)
- Resolve any player issues
- Resolve any minor server issues
- Report to the Server Owners
- Have an active role on these forums
- Ensure smooth running of the server as a whole

If you think the above suits you and you're up to join a friendly Admin team, please fill out this application form, if you choose to write an application without filling the form in, please ensure every question is answered otherwise your application may not be considered.

PLEASE NOTE -

1) For Skype, being in the group chat IS necessary, please be aware of this before applying, ONLY BeMyEscape would be the one to request add - DON'T include your Skype name, if you're successful BME will contact you privately for the information.
2) You will only be contacted if successful, we will keep the applications active because we will be looking for Admins as the server grows in popularity.
3) One application per person, duplicates will be discounted.
4) Be patient with us, we're people too, the successor will know in due course that they are on the admin team.
5) Do NOT ask in game for an update, you wont get one.

Application Form-

Minecraft Name:
Timezone:
Availability (we need active staff):
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn:
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole:
What can you bring to the Admin team:
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat:
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:03:42 PM by BeMyEscape »

ArvisTheSaviour

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Minecraft Name: ArvisTheSaviour
Timezone:Central Standard time (US)
Availability (we need active staff): Very active, around 10:00AM-11:00PM CST
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: I have alot of ideas for this server, and i believe i could be an effective member in the administration team.
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: since 2011
What can you bring to the Admin team: I have experience as an admin, and i know how to get a community involved with a server.
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: Yes.
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: I am free this entire summer, so i can be really active in the server.
Praise be Unto Jomes!

iMerkk

Minecraft Name: iMerkk
Timezone:PST (Pacific Standard Time)
Availability (we need active staff): Everyday, usually from Noon-Midnight
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: I love helping other players on this server as a whole, and also love to be apart of such a growing and fun server.
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: For over 6 years (Since 2011)
What can you bring to the Admin team: I can provide constant help to new members and get them settled in, always open to helping people regardless of the tasks and willing to get everyone involved. (I also wrote the description for the server)
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: Yes
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: Very excited to see this server grow and I would love to be apart of it!

Zutherion

• View Profile
Minecraft Name:Zutherion!!!
Timezone: Mountain Standard Time, MTS, (US, Colorado)
Availability (we need active staff): Everyday, Usually 4PM-5AM Depending on sleep schedule, sometimes longer.
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: Because I want to help! I don't want to be constantly asking the other admins to give me stuff to do to help them! Plus I want to keep those nasty hackers off the damn server. Plus I'm a caring person that can be some help when needed.
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: Around 7 years.
What can you bring to the Admin team: Nearly constant availability year round. Due to me being homeschooled I can get online almost all the time, I have no life as well so thats an up side.
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: Yes I do! Koda has my skype, as well as being in group chats with you two, Craig and Gemma.
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: I'm the best staff memeber (Meaningful miss spell) in the whole world, will win 100% will blow all out of water, get rekt 360720 noscope, pls accept my app, will be gud, ily.

BarryBadden

Minecraft Name: BarryBadden

Timezone: GMT

Availability (we need active staff): At the moment Midday to 4 am. I have very little to nothing taking up my time at the moment as Ive just finished my first year of University.

Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: I've played on many different active servers in the past and have previous admin experience. I'm enjoying playing on this server and would like to help out in anyway I can.

How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: Roughly 5 years.

What can you bring to the Admin team: I work well with others and am very welcoming to all type of people. My main focus will always be to make a diverse group of people want to play on this server and I would not settle for any discriminatory behavior.

Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: Yes I am.

Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: I'm a very unbiased person. An active player. But overall just someone who would enjoy being a part of helping this server grow.

Jomes

Minecraft Name: ripper22724
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Availability (we need active staff): Most days from 3PM-11PM
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: I know the rules of the server and can help enforce them, I also have many ideas for the server.
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: Since beta 1.8, which was late 2011 I believe.
What can you bring to the Admin team: I work well with others and most times will go out of my way to help someone as long as they treat me with respect.
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: Yes. Although I prefer Discord.
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: I don't have much to do over the summer so I can spend much of my time online.

Unamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Minecraft Name:Unamo_Mitsumine
Timezone:Eastern Standard Time
(EST)
Availability (we need active staff): Everyday
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn:to help out the server bring in more new players by adding in more interests
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole:  5 years
What can you bring to the Admin team:I have a nice personality &  I'm helpful
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: Yes I am SparkleDancer16
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: I'm nice to all that are around me in server I wont abuse my power and help thoughs in need when I am not busy helping fellow staff members

bluemacaw

• View Profile
Minecraft Name: _blumacaw_

Timezone: central

Availability (we need active staff): I have a bunch of free time as I don't do many activities!

Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: I love the community and all the players on the server, I want to help keep the server running so this wonderful place can stay strong. It excites me to see more and more people join everyday and watch the server grow and I would absolutely love to help the server as it thrives. I know quite well not to abuse my power (as me and my town have been personally been affected by an admin abusing their powers and never want that to happen again) and use what I can do to help others out to the best of my abilities!

How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: 4 years total

What can you bring to the Admin team: I love seeing this server continue to grow and I want to bring all that I can to help it stay strong and thrive. I believe that I can bring good problem solving skills and lots of time and effort to help anyone who needs it. I really don't have conflicts with anyone on the server and I work with others quite well!

Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat:  Yep!

Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: I have past experience of being staff on a server! I would love this job because I hate seeing problems come up and theres no mod/admin on to help fix it, and I want to help but I dont have the authority to. I also hosted a very small server a while ago but I took it down due to everyone becoming inactive.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:57:06 AM by bluemacaw »

Stromgarde

Minecraft Name: Deathblight
Timezone: Central Standard Time
Availability (we need active staff): Going to college, so I'll likely be less available after September 6th, but over the summer I should be available most days, for most of the day, and when school starts, I should still be able to make daily, or every-two-day, checks on the server.
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: I would like to be an administrator because of all the servers I've played on, I'd have to rank this server in my top three in terms of enjoyment. I'm a factions player, but at heart I appreciate the chance to build and create, so factions wasn't exactly my thing, with constant raids and combat. But here, on The Spawn, I can help build and create a town and community of people with the common goal of simply building the best structures and towns we can. Its something I've never felt before on Minecraft, and I would like to ensure that many other people can enjoy this as well. I would like to be administrator so I can do my best to ensure the longevity of the server itself.
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: ChaiBubbleTea and I started together in the beginning of middle school, so about 6-7 years ago.
What can you bring to the Admin team: Above all else, I hold honesty and responsibility to be most important. I am more than willing to act as both the hand of the law, and the olive branch, managing conflicts, and directing others. But at the same time, I am adept at delegating responsibility, as well as being very inclusive of the new players of the server.
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: I am available on both Skype and Discord.
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: I am very good at organization, as well as system creation. I am very willing to work on the codes, and innate systems, editing and perfecting them towards the betterment of the server. For many groups and teams that I've led, I may not have been the most outspoken member of the team, but I am usually integral in keeping the team organized, on task, and efficient.

ChaiBubbleTea

Minecraft Name: ChaiBubbleTea
Timezone:US Central Standard Time
Availability (we need active staff):Im on every day for a couple of hours (3-4). Usually on when staff members are not present deep into the night. I will also be able to make frequent checks on the server.
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: I found this server about a week ago and have since become fully addicted to it. I enjoy many of the aspects of the server and all of the features that it includes. Before this server, I played a lot of factions on a different server and found the community to be a lot more toxic and not enjoyable. On The Spawn, I find the community to be very nice and welcoming to everyone on the server. In the past, I have a lot of experience with running factions and towns on other servers and have become well-experienced with being a leader. As mayor of the town Kush, I have already gained a sense of leadership and responsibility on this server. Currently, I am recruiting for my town and have helped a lot of players get started on the server. I did this by inviting them into my town community and providing them with a quick tutorial on the jobs and towny plugins. I would like to be admin on The Spawn because I enjoy the feeling of being able to help new members. On Minecraft servers, first impressions are the most important thing as it decided whether a new player will continue to play the server or quit. I want to be able to make a huge impact on this first impression, so that more people will realize how great The Spawn community is.
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: Death and I started 7 years ago.
What can you bring to the Admin team:I believe that I will be able to provide a sense of maturity for the staff team on The Spawn, as a lot of the players are of younger age. Due to my many years of having played Minecraft on many different server, I have picked up a sense about how many different types of Minecraft servers are run and managed. As a part of the staff on The Spawn, I have many great ideas and input that will help make the server even better than it already is.
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: Having played Minecraft for 7 years now, I have helped some of my friends startup servers of their own as part of their dev teams. I know a thing or two about coding and am happy to provide my input for a lot of the server's current features. Im also very good at communicating with people and solving conflicts as that is a very common problem when dealing with factions or new servers. Socially, I will be able to better improve the overall community and make sure that the chat stays clean and friendly :)!

StoutyAlex

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Minecraft Name: StoutyAlex

Timezone: GMT

Availability (we need active staff): Almost everyday. however around late july/first half of august I will be on holiday.

Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: Having only being a member for 4 days I have grown to really enjoy playing on here. It reminds me of hosting my own servers back in the day of Alpha and Beta. I have played many times on my own in single player and thought, why don't I find a small server with a good community and join, and thats just what I did and am glad. I would love to help keep the server up to par with my experience of running minecraft servers as well as playing a bigger part in the community and server evolution as a whole.

How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: Ever since playing on browser in creative only mode, probably around 2010.

What can you bring to the Admin team: Experience. I have hosted 4 Servers in the past 7 years. some failed because of the growing popularity of mini game servers and with me not being as into the game at the time with uni and college in my life. I have hosted 1 towny server and been a co-owner of another. Ran with my friend and youtuber who had a small 15 minutes of fame. Channel was "Minecraft Community" i think. I ran a prison server called "Prosecuted" back then prison servers were gritty and pvp based and I loved it. Convicted was the only big server at the time and I started in competition against them with other members of convicted. From there I made videos about stuff on my youtube channel called "StoutyAlex" (have a look, my old Minecraft server videos are on there including my prison server). I have played with many plugins and am familiar with commands and limits of them and ways to use them. (bare in mind this was a while ago things may of changed), tl;dr: Played alot, long time reliable, mature and experienced.

Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: Yes, however skype is weird for me I prefer discord but either is cool.

Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: no not really, I think I have rambled on a little too much. I hope you enjoyed reading my application, if not learning a little more about me :)

Thank you,

Alex Stout
- Alex

Kezzy

===========================================================

Questions to be answered:

Minecraft Name:
Timezone:
Availability (we need active staff):
Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn:
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole:
What can you bring to the Admin team:
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat:
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application:
===========================================================

Basic Info:
Hi there judge(s) of my staff application. So let me start with the basic information that you need. My IGN (in game name) is KezzySenpai. So far, I have been playing for about a few days to be honest but I have talked with many people online and I am online for about sessions lasting 2-3 hrs at a time. This is not daily. If you are looking for how long I can be on daily, I would have to estimate around 4-5 hrs on an open and free day. Should I be busy, I would possibly estimate my daily log-in time to be 1-2 hr(s). Also regarding time, I am on Pacific Standard Time in the US. For communication, I am open to Discord and Skype. Please note that as we speak, my computer version of Skype is somehow broken and I am working to fix it already. You can still use skype to contact me as I have the app on my mobile device.

Little About Me:
I am a server developer and I enjoy playing around with plugin configs; testing out how changing a line of code makes a difference in the game and on the server(s). Working behind the scenes (dev work) is my strongest skill when it comes to server work. I can work well with people and in groups and I am becoming better at my people skills (not yelling at some players when explaining simple mechanics of the game/plugins). I have found that I get a better understanding of problems when it has to deal with plugins and such. When it just comes down to player moderation, I can get a little upset very quickly should the person I'm helping not fully understand what I'm saying or they are completely ignoring my helpful instructions. So from this little bio on me, I hope this helps you understand just some of my traits.

Last bit of info:
I have played Minecraft for probably 5 or 6 years? You lose count after being on countless server and helping out around the community. So just what can I bring to the staff team? Well, as I have stated before, I have worked around the community and I have found things here and there that can both kill/help a server greatly. So what I can offer to you is a developers perspective on whether or not the server should follow through on a plan(s). With all this said now, I have nothing else that I wish to mention here. I thank the those who took the time to carefully read my application as it means a lot to me. Once again, thanks and I will see you online :D

Who11_

• View Profile
Minecraft Name:Who11_
Timezone:Central time zone
Availability (we need active staff): I am available everyday during the day and night, varies on different days and my plans.
Why do you want to be an admin on The SpawnI would love to be an admin for this server because I am a hard worker, I'm dedicated, and I love this server, this server has an amazing community and everybody is so nice here. I feel like I would gain a lot from being an admin on this server. I feel like I could help create a safe environment where everybody feels safe and welcomed. Also I know a lot about computers and minecraft, I could help with a lot of technical difficulties and how to play minecraft. I can introduce people to minecraft, the mechanics and the plugins currently active on this server.
How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: Since beta, my sister's husband was a beta tester
What can you bring to the Admin team:I can bring discipline, and friendliness.
Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: Yes, i also have discord and team speak. I am currently trying to purchase a mic, as of now my mic cuts out at random times.
Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application:I have been an admin on one other server, and I have been a  trusted player on multiple other servers. I hope you'll take everything I've said into consideration and accept my application. I will be a good admin.:)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:46:43 AM by Who11_ »

CrouchingCamels

Minecraft Name: CrouchingCamels

Timezone: Central Standard Time (CST)

Availability (we need active staff): 4-10 a week depend on my server running smoothly

Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: I designed my own server so I know a lot of the ways things work.

How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: Since early xbox 360 version i was like 10-11 an I'm 17 now so a while.

What can you bring to the Admin team:I'm a dev of my own server so i could help alot with server bugs and such things along those lines.

I also have discord if you for some reason coudn't reach me through skype

fusionbolt18

• View Profile
Minecraft Name: fusionbolt18

Timezone: Eastern Time Zone

Availability (we need active staff): Can be on anytime I'm not doing anything related to school or family.

Why do you want to be an admin on The Spawn: So I can calm the "aggressive" and "annoying" people on the server. I can also help with general problems regarding Minecraft.

How long have you played Minecraft as a whole: Since i think about 2012.

What can you bring to the Admin team: I can bring my ideology of always seeing the bright side of things. (aka i'm overly positive) i can also have the occasional good idea.

Are you available on Skype to be added into an Admin group chat: I can start using Skype again. (yes)

Any other information you'd like to add that you think we should consider for your application: My skype name is fusionbolt18. I also may not be as active during the school year. I try my best to be unbiased and to see from all sides.